Friday, March 28, 2014

UHMC Autofest 2014

I got a chance to attend this year's Autofest event at the University of Hawai'i Maui College on Sunday, March 23rd.  Put on annually by UHMC's Auto Department, it's one of the biggest and best car shows on Maui.  Maui doesn't have a big car scene due to our small island population and limited (or should I say, expensive) automotive resources.

I didn't really enjoy myself as much as I wanted to.  I felt rushed since we went late with only an hour left of the event.  And it was a really overcast day, which didn't make for the best lighting at that time of day.  But... at least it wasn't raining.  So I left feeling disappointed.  Not disappointed with the event, just bummed that I went late and didn't get the shots I wanted.  I also didn't eat anything from all the awesome food trucks that were there.  There were so many different yummy things to choose from, too bad I didn't have any money that day.

Wow, this is really turning into a lame attempt at covering Autofest.  Hopefully these photos will do better justice.

Old school represented well.
Oldschool lineup.
Loved that these three were next to each other. Look at those colors!
Trusty Datsun.
Trucks on trucks on trucks on trucks.
Mustang or Transformer?
"Murderstang" was one of the sickest cars there.
Just had to get a shot of this plate.  XD
Blue is my favorite car color, so of course I was eating up this 350z!
Those pink wheels..."DAYYUM!"
The plate says it all. And how's the suspension on that skateboard!?
3rd gen Toyota Corolla.
Of course I gravitate towards any Honda and anything blue.
Three of the cleanest bays of the day.



And since I feel like I didn't do a good job at covering the event, I'll give you a special treat!  Enjoy some more photos from CA Photography.  Follow him on Instagram @irep8oh8





No comments:

Post a Comment